Straight Jackets Not Required For Admission

Straight Jackets Not Required For Admission

Wednesday, August 4, 2010

Shrinking...

I am working on losing the baby weight.  It's not easy but I want my old body back.  Ok, really I want a better body than I had but I would settle for something that closely resembles the body that I had.

Once a week, Hubby and I work out with a trainer.  To me he is a trainer, to Hubby, he is someone that he pays so that he can flip him off and say mean things to him.  They are so funny.  Anyhoo - week before last I over did it.  It was horrible.  I could barely lift up my little Moon Beam.  The worst part was my legs.  I couldn't walk right.  My thighs felt like pulled pork, my abs felt like someone had beat me with a hammer... I was a mess.  We didn't go last week but it was because we were exhausted from me being at the shop all week and missing our Moon Beam.  Family time still beats out losing weight.

This week I am back on track.  I am determined to get in shape.  I had a great work out last night and tonight, Hubby and I are going to stop at the 24 hour fitness super sport to get a membership.  I will go a couple times a week plus still work out with the trainer once a week.  In addition to that... I need to start watching what I eat.  This does not excite me.  I like food.  I like food that isn't necessarily good for me.  I don't eat junk... but I eat larger portions than I should.  I indulge in things like fried foods or mac and cheese every once in a while... but mostly I like chicken or pork or steak with a starch.  No real fruits or veggies.  I know... not healthy... but I will not eat something that I don't like. 

So here is the start.  I am not going to tell you how much I weigh... but I will tell you that I need to lose at least 40 lbs.  This is my goal.  If I were to be completely happy... I could lose 50, but I just don't think that I have the stick-to-it-ness that is required to lose 50 lbs!!!!  So today I start keeping track.  August 4 - 40 lbs to go.  At the very least, I would like to lose 2 pant sizes.  Let's see where I can get.  In November I need to be in a bathing suit.  Let the games begin!

No comments:

Post a Comment