Straight Jackets Not Required For Admission

Straight Jackets Not Required For Admission

Monday, August 9, 2010

Dr's Visits and Worry...

My little Moon Beam had her two month check up today.  She weighed 10.5 pounds... she is getting so big.  The Dr. was very pleased with her progress and told me that we are doing a great job.  She asked if I had any questions... and the only question that I did have was about whooping cough.  I have been vaccinated as well as Hubby and my Mom... but there are plenty of people who are around her from time to time who have not been vaccinated.  What the Dr. told me is scary.  Children have no symptoms at times.  They seem to be fine and then suddenly they stop breathing.  The only way to protect them is to vaccinate them.  The commercial that is out makes you think that the child has a horrible cough... but that is not always true.

Moon Beam got the vaccination today but it takes a while to take hold. 

The Dr's office loved her.  When I say the office, I mean it... the entire office loved her.  People came in the room when I was there with her alone to look at her and ask questions.  The nurse who gave her the shots took her out of the room and introduced her to the other women in the office, then she came back and fed her.  Other nurses stopped by to look at her clothes and shoes and her hair and eyes... just everything about her.  They absolutely loved her.  They said she has an old soul.  She has such serious looks, but when she smiles... she completely lights up the room.

No comments:

Post a Comment